This is the workshop for early career teachers and the principals who want to support them. In this exciting workshop, internationally renowned educator Todd Whitaker teams up with his daughters-Madeline, an elementary teacher, and Katherine, a secondary teacher-to share advice and inspiration. All are coauthors of the new book, Your First Year!
They offer step-by-step guidance for thriving in your first few years of teaching and overcoming the challenges that many newer teachers face. Join this engaging, hands-on and immediately applicable workshop.
· Developing specific language for contacting and dealing with parents and getting ready for parent-teacher conferences
· Learning how to establish high and clear classroom management skills while building relationships and maintaining consistency
· Setting up the classroom and establishing procedures and rules
· Planning effective lessons and making instructional time an engaging experience
· Managing your own emotions in the classroom and dealing effectively with misbehavior
· Working with peers, administrators, and parents to build support and foster collaboration
The workshop is filled with specific examples and vignettes from elementary, middle, and high school classes, so participants will gain helpful strategies no matter what grade level and subject area they teach. Making ‘tweaks’ and hitting the ‘reset’ button will be explored as powerful tools to fix current problems. Things may not always go perfectly your first years, but the practical advice in this workshop will help newer teachers stay motivated and on the path to success!
Each Participant Will Receive:
Your First Year: How to Survive and Thrive as a New Teacher